Beth Noone, Child & Adolescent Psychotherapist, and Bob Noone, Adoption Attorney & Child Advocate, offer group seminars on how to encourage healthy attachments in foster and adoptive homes.
· Intro to Attachment Issues in Foster Kids and Reasonable expectations for my child's ability to attach.
· How the Birth Parents attachment affects your relationship now.
· Tools and Strategies to Enhance Attachment.
· Understanding the Child's Confusion about their parents' termination . . . distorted reasoning as to why they are in care.
· When to Ask For Help!
· The Foster and Adoptive Parents' relationship with the Child's Therapist.
Bob's Materials on "Best Practices for the GAL" can be found as follows: [ Slides ]
[ Handout Materials ]
Seminars are limited to a small group of parents who are either foster parents or have adopted (or those who are anticipating adoption). Single Parent adoptions welcome also. Case workers serving children also welcome. Because of the nature of personal questions that may be asked, audio taping is not allowed.
If you are interested in helping organize such an event, or if you would like to attend one held in your area, you can call Bob Noone at 304-784-8818 or if you prefer: Email Bob Noone